the cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Green Treat

I found this cake recipe on P is for Party blog (originally on Bakerella), so I tested it out tonight.  Yummy!  My mom makes a great pistachio cake, so I wanted to try this chocolate variation.  It was super easy and a perfect green treat for St. Patrick's Day.  I'll be sending it with David to work to keep me from eating it all.  I truly have zero self control!

 This image is from Bakerella, not me.

 
Chocolate Pistachio Cake

Ingredients:
* 1 package yellow cake mix
* 1 small package pistachio instant pudding
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup oil
* 1/2 tsp almond extract
* 1/4 cup chocolate syrup...sometimes I add a little more
* 1/4 cup powder sugar

Directions:
* Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a Bundt pan (Pam will work just fine).
* In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix with pistachio pudding. Add eggs, water, oil and extract and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
* Put 1/3 of the batter in a small mixing bowl and mix with 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup.
* Pour the two batters into the pan, alternating the yellow and chocolate. Swirl a little of the chocolate into the yellow with a spatula.
* Bake 50-55 minutes; be sure not to undercook. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan and cool on a wire rack.
* Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
 
 This is what mine actually looks like.  Not quite as chocolately looking as theirs, but I promise, it is sooo good. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yum Kim, that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing...if I hadn't given up chocolate for Lent I'd be making that tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not give up chocolate for lent... thanks for bringing me a slice, yes A slice, that's all I got... it was gone before I came home from work, who knew Provence customers would like cake so much... my loss! Delicious! xo Alice

    ReplyDelete